GIVE ADDRESS CHANGE TO
- Post Office
- Charge Accounts, Credit Cards
- Subscriptions: Notice requires several weeks.
- Friends and Relatives
- Transfer funds; arrange check cashing in new city.
- Notify company of new location for coverage’s; Life, Health, Fire and Automobile insurance.
- Gas, Light, Water, Telephone, Fuel
- Get refunds on any deposits made.
MEDICAL, DENTAL, PRESCRIPTION HISTORIES
- Transfer needed prescriptions, eyeglasses, X-rays.
- Ask Doctor and dentist for referrals.
- Obtain birth records, medical records, etc.
DON’T FORGET TO
- Empty freezer
- Defrost freezer and clean refrigerator. Place charcoal to dispel odors.
- Have appliances serviced for moving.
- Check with your Moving Counselor: Insurance coverage, packing and unpacking labor, arrival day, various shipping papers, method and time of expected payment.
ON MOVING DAY
- Carry enough cash or traveler’s checks to cover cost of moving services and expenses until you make banking connections in the new city.
- Carry jewelry and documents yourself, or use registered mail.
AT YOUR NEW ADDRESS
- Plan for transporting pets; they are poor traveling companions if unhappy.
- Double check closets, drawers and shelves to be sure they are empty.
- Leave all old keys needed by new tenant or owner with Realtor™ or neighbor.
- Check on service of telephone, gas, electricity and water.
- Check pilot light on stove, water heater, incinerator and furnace.
- Have new address recorded on driver’s license/apply for state driver’s license.
- Register car within five days after arrival in state or a penalty may have to pay when getting new license plates.
- Register children in school.
- Arrange for medical services: Doctor, Dentist, etc.